Thursday, August 30, 2007





Today is one of the 2 Thursday's when Poppy and I have a date day - Mamma goes to day care every other Thursday. I wanted to check out the local gold mines. It seems NC is the first place in the US twhere gold was found. There are at least 3 with in 10 miles of our house. In addition to my own pleasure, I wanted to pursue them as a possible outing for my friends when they come in Oct. So very cool. I panned for gold and Poppy sluiced for emeralds. I got a few grains - it's tedious but fun., defintitley a technique involved. Poppy got a baggy full of emeralds - several have a lot of potential. I will definitiely go back.

Mom L was asleep when we went to visit. She was not interested in visiting. Couldn't even get her to eat a cookie. Same thing happened yesterday.

Two more hens have entered the laying game. They all lay in the same nest. So there were three eggs today, all different colors and different shapes.

Since I have figured out how to upload pictures (sort of), I'll include some of the Moms' birthday.

2 comments:

loud said...

Did you get a new couch? I think it's really funny that you and dad have date day...so cute!

Mouse said...

Big Daddy & I are realizing that we need date day/nights.

What color are the chicken eggs?? Did you know that the chicken's ear color tells you what color their eggs will be?? Random info...

I want to go panning for gems next time you go!!!