Saturday, September 15, 2007

Yep, Shiner is a tripod now. We checked with the vet this am and he is doing well and should come home Mon. I don't even want to think about the bill. One more reason they are being fenced in. Can't afford any more accidents.
Dad knew if some solution didn't contain the dogs, that I was going to kill them or they would come up missing. Lady had been doing fine and then she had a change of heart. 4 chickens (including Elvis) were missing for most of the day. Gradually all crept out of the woods except a black one. Based on the amount of black feathers, I felt pretty sure she was mortally wounded. Scarlet has deformed feathers on her chest, but is doing well. Surprised the hell out of me. Based on her wound, I didn't give her much of a chance.
As soon as Dad's back calms down, he will build the dog fence. I'm looking forward to a little piece of mind.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

I'm glad you're containing the dogs -- less worry!!! They'll have an adjustment period but it's all worth it in the long run!!!