Sunday, January 20, 2008

COLD DAY MUSINGS

Well the weather put a damper on a few events. Yesterday was supposed to be rainey and then freeze , so our Sunday School fish fry was postponed (its a good thing - my pies flopped). However, we did experience a first out of this; late yesterday evening, we recieved a phone call - church was canceled. Our church is on hill and it was feared our parking lot would be iced over. Wouldn't you know, the weather man was wrong. Today is clear as a bell, very cold 20 degrees. OK Loud, no comments; I know you are laughing at us right now. If it's any consolation to you, we think of you every evening when the weahter comes on. Granny L gets quiet upset thinking about how cold your weather is.
Experiencing something new every day! My research on raising chickens told us that egg production would decrease in winter months as production was related to amount of sunlight. Decreased light, decrease eggs. Up unitl this point our egg production had been pretty steady, averaging one or two less than actual laying hens. However, it caught up with us, it was so cloudy, snowy and foggy. Two days running - 3 eggs, then 2. Today is sunny, so it will be interesting to see what the nests provide.
Today I will work on my art. Lately, artwork has been the class I take and the classes I give. So yesterday, I started my project for JT. I'm excited about it, it will take quite awhile. I'll share more about it as I progress. Mariposa, yours is coming, I promise.
Need to get moving, cold weather has grabbed my back and hips

1 comment:

loud said...

Thanks for worrying about me! I'm trying to keep warm and stay inside...baby, it's cold outside.