Sunday, June 18, 2006

We had a very nice day. D&T were up for the weekend. Mama is still suffering from side effects of Aricept. Drug info says to expect this for a few weeks but should subside.

We have been definitely bummed out about Shay and she is in our prayers.

Poppy and D rearranged the round pen and the back yard. Lack of rain has diminished fresh grass for the horses so we turned the back yard into a pasture. The horses can now come up to the deck and visit. It's so cool. They discovered their reflections in the windows and thought they had visitors. They whinnied and kicked up their heels. It was hilarious. At first we thought it was the Jimmy Buffet coming from the speakers in the chimney - but then we realized they could see themselves and they were fascinated.

I finally put my grandmother Gotschall's potato salad in writing. I only make it for special occasions( because it's not diet friendly) - so, I never make a small amount. You will just have to calculate for smaller amount. I take this to pot lucks or large family gatherings. Well darn, I just realized, I downloaded the salad in Poppy's files. So it's late and I will sign off, transfer files and repost it tomorrow. Hopefully, by then I'll have the homemade peach ice cream written down. We made it today and it was awesome.
Luv,
Gamma

2 comments:

MMH said...

Having a cookout soon - maybe I'll splurge on the potato salad. The peaches we get up here in Northern VA are not very good as they pick them when they're still green! I miss my fresh veggies from GA. (I'm a friend of 2.718 in case you don't know - we grew up in Baxley together).

loud said...

Good story about the horses - I do believe that animals increase your life span because they do so much to make you laugh.