Saturday, September 08, 2007

Shiner seems to be out to the woods, but will stay at the vet for the weekend at least. Scarlet is still clucking around, hopefully antibiotics will do there job. Karma caught up with Happy. He came home with his paw split. So he is now cleaned up, pressure dressing applied and loaded with oral antibiotics -- and oh yes, chained up.
Latest Mom L saga. Yesterday, when we visited, she was without glasses. Today she had glasses, just not hers. While we were sitting in her room, an aide came in with a pair of her shoes. It seems that yesterday, this aid discovered Mom on another hall and asleep in someone else's bed. Apparently, she does a lot of traveing in her wheelchair. No telling where she left her glasses and whose she's wearing.
While we were sitting there, she starting talking about her daughter. Dad said he didn't remember any sister. She said Oh yes, I adopted a daughter and raised her as my own. I said, Mom I believe you are thinking about your granddaughter H......... You had 2 boys. She looked very surprised and said that she had 2 or 3 daughters. I said, Mom I beliieve you are remembering your 3 granddaughters, you had 2 sons, no daughters. A mind is a terrible thing to lose. That's the most she's said in a week - ususally she just looks vacant, but she's hell on wheels and is at least getting some exercise as she tours the halls. Next thing you know they'll find her in bed with a man.
Mama's memory continues to fail her and her pain level seems to be increasing. More complaints in her mid to lower back. Today she was helping me shuck the corn and was having difficulty remembering to put the shucks in the trash and not back in the corn. I heard about 3 stories at least three times while we were shucking the corn.
I put 13 pints of corn in the freezer today - many thanks to dear neighbors who have a huge corn field. Dad and I looked cute picking it (he did good for a city boy). Broke in my $$$$$$$cowboy boots - they have rattlesnakes in their cornfield. One killed their Jack Russell terrier this year. Fortunately, we didn't see or hear a thing. Dad had his pistol and machete; I'd already asked him if he really thought he could hit a snake with a pistol and didn't we need a hoe. I was well armed with my Swiss Army Knife.

1 comment:

loud said...

Glad to hear granny is at least getting around.