Friday, September 07, 2007

Answer to Mouse - As of last evening all chickens were accounted for. Blondie came back from woods and the wounded girl was alive and limping around. I scrounged around and found some Clavamox drops that I keep for cats, reconstituted it and figured she weighed between 2-3 pounds. Between Dad and I we got O.2cc down her beak. I haven't been out to the henhouse yet, but will update you as soon as possible. If she looks viable, I will continue to give her antibiotics twice daily. If it looks like she is on a downward spiral, I will not let her suffer further. I'm such a wimp, can't do the usual "wring the chicken neck" thing. I'll put her in a plastic bag and then put her in the freezer. That's the most humane way I can think of. That's was what cat breeders do with kittens who are fading/stuggling and won't make it.

Diego continues to be such a joy. We have started to give him sweet feed treat/supplement in the evening. As I walk out to the fence, I've been saying "where's my Deigo", he brays and runs full speed to the house, braying the whole way. So rotten. The neighbor who we bought him from is looking for an adult Jenny for us. Last Sunday he told us he thinks he has found a Jennie that has been bred. Hopefully that will come thru. If not we will probably get some goats, so he will have a friend until we can find a suitable mate.

Hopefully we will get some good news about Shiner today.

Mom L has figured out how to "walk" in her wheelchair and is apparently navigating up and down the halls. They keep her out of bed as much as possible and I guess she figured she could move around. When we went yesterday, she wasn't in her room, or up at nurses station. They were playing games in the large dining room. Today was "Do You Want to be a Millinaire". They were really doing a great job of putting on the show. Mom sat there and was enthralled - didn't even know/care that we were there. So knowing our place, we left.

No comments: